As a 3PL business, you are always getting new clients. Use this as a reference for steps to take when onboarding a new Client in your system. Clickable links are below that will take you to specific help pages for more detail on each step.
NOTE: 3PL must be an included feature of your plan and it must be enabled on your account (see Enabling 3PL functionality).
- Create a New Client
- Assign client specific billing fees.
- Create a User (s) for that specific client. NOTE: Make certain that you select a client AND the correct client in this step.
- Assign the created User (s) the roles you would like to give them in the system. Client users have a limited number of roles and reporting options available to them.
- Discuss with your client where they sell their product and how they will create their orders in your system
- Ecommerce direct integrations available in Zenventory:
- Manual Orders – clients can create internal order via the Orders>New Order screen. They will need the “Consignee Sales” role selected in their user settings.
- Via API – Zenventory supports the use of custom app options using our REST API.
- Discuss whether your client will create their own Purchase Orders in the system. Will require the user to have the “Buyer” role selected in their user settings.
- Discuss how your client will get their inventory into your system:
- Via Ecommerce integration – when first initializing a new Ecommerce integration, the existing SKU numbers, quantities, and other product information will pull into Zenventory and attach those items to the client’s item catalog.
- Via Bulk Item Import – A client can choose to provide a .CSV file with their product information on it, that can then be imported into the system.
- Via API.