Having trouble printing from your browser with Java? Try our free printing utility, SubPrint. This tool allows Zenventory to communicate directly to a specific printer and bypasses the Java requirement for browsers that don’t support it for direct-to-device printing.
- Save the SubPrint installer file to an easily accessible location, like your desktop.
- Run the installer and choose an installation directory (or leave at the default)
- Once it is installed, SubPrint will run on its own, as a small icon in your system tray.
- Right click the SubPrint icon and select ‘Settings’ to set the initial configuration.
- The only value that will need to be updated is ‘Default Printer Name’. You’ll want to rename this to exactly match the name of the printer attached to your PC or network that you wish to print to (if you don’t know the exact name of your printer, please contact your system administrator). Port settings can usually be left at the default unless directed otherwise by a system administrator or the Ubiquia Support Team.
Configuring Zenventory to use SubPrint
- With SubPrint installed, log into Zenventory.
- Navigate to the “Admin” tab and click “System“.
- On the Settings screen, find the option labeled “Direct Printing Method“. By default, the system is set to use a Java applet, but this doesn’t work for all users/browsers. Change this to SubPrint by selecting “External (Application)” instead. Be sure to save your changes before leaving the page. To disable SubPrint and always have a PDF preview prior to printing, switch the toggle of “Disable Direct Printing“.
- Enjoy hassle-free printing!