Identifying your Shopify integration method is your first step in the Shopify API Version migration on June 30th
Depending on what method of installation you originally chose when setting up your Shopify integration, you will have to follow a specific set of instructions to complete your migration to Shopify's new API version that is required by June 30th.To identify which method was used for installation follow the steps below:
- Log into Zenventory with an account that has administrative access for integrations and navigate to Admin > System > Integrations.
- From there you should be able to see a list of all of your installed integrations.
- Expand the Shopify integration in question by clicking the small arrow on the right hand side of the screen.
- Once the integration has been expanded you'll be able to easily identify which method was used for installation previously.
- If you are only able to see the shop, shop name, stock update mode, client and warehouse settings as shown in the screenshot below, the integration has been installed directly via the Shopify app store.
- You should follow this set of instructions (Shopify App Store method) to complete your transition.
- Otherwise, if you are able to see fields for Admin API Access Token, API Key and API password in addition to the fields listed above, your integration was set up via the private key install method. You should follow these instructions instead (Private Key method) to complete your migration.